Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Get to the Third Chapter



One day, I was going back home with the commuter line and a li'l bit worried because I didn't bring any book with me to kill the time.

I didn't want to use my ipad to read due to security reason. I don't even want to use my phone in the train. I dare to play with my phone only when the train is almost empty and I always return it to the deepest gap in my bag, hidden with stuffs, even I myself sometimes find it hard to pick my own phone. It's for security precaution, having pick-pocketed in a bus three weeks ago and lost my 64GB ipod (64GBiphone5S which was turned to ipod due to Factory Lock and SIM Lock).

Anyway, after looking for a book to borrow, my friend recommended this title. The book cover actually got my attention although I'm a bit hesitant because it's a translation.

I'm not a snob, no. I always find translated books originated in English is less amusing to read and most of the times the sentences has lost its actual meaning (although the writer originally wrote it in German, he mentioned at the end of the book that the English version is even more interesting than the original version). Other than that, the font size were too big. I believe the book can actually be made into a more compact and economical size.

But I decided to take the chance and took the book with me.

It was really, really hard for me to finish the first chapter. I forced myself to go up to the third chapter and thank God that's where the story gets more interesting.

In the end, I finished the book in the total amount of 6 hours. It was enjoyable with easy plot to follow.

From this book, I learned and get a better understanding of Munchausen Syndrome, Schizophrenia and its mental disorder traits. Apparently this novel is about mental disorder, a subject in which I recently found an interest.

What proverb says "Tak Kenal Maka Tak Sayang" is true. You can't like something if you don't get to know it. You can't like someone if you don't get to know him.

Sometimes, it needs an effort to stay and get to the third chapter and in the end it's worth it. You only need to be selective at first. Had my friend not recommended it, I won't give it a chance. She said it was a gift from his brother who bought it because his peers said it's a great book.

Now let us be selective and listen to recommendations from qualified sources :)

ps. Next book I plan to read is Moby Dick. I hope it's really good.

No comments: