Monday, October 06, 2014

Imagine




Yesterday I went to a cinema and watched The Equalizer with my sister. I started to fall asleep after that Russian hooker character was picked up at the diner by a very fat man with a limo and woke up when Denzel killed those 5 mobs. I then remained alert until the end of the movie.

The movie, although quite enjoyable to watch with story easy to follow, is somehow according to my humblest point of view, a figment of one’s very high imagination. Since the purpose of the movie was to provide an entertainment, it was successful, again to my humblest point of view.

Today, after long hours of decluttering my wardrobe for the second day, I felt emotionally exhausted and needed to wind down. I chose to watch movie Kate and Leopold on a DVD player in my computer, enjoying my cleaner, air-conditioned room with a dim of light and a relaxing scent burnt from my furnace (an aromatherapy one, the one where Santa would not appear nor where Harry Potter would disappear).

If you’ve watched movie Kate and Leopold, you will understand how mesmerizing Hugh Jackman was in the movie. He was like an answer to every woman’s dream; someone who is poised, charming, attentive, understanding and sexy with just the right amount of flamboyance. By the middle of the movie, I realize that it’s just another movie with a figment of one’s very high imagination.

Don’t get me wrong.
I also want that kind of man in my life, someone who is very well-mannered and polite in every gesture, someone who would cook breakfast and wash dishes; someone who would tuck me in bed and be gentleman enough to keep the clothes on while providing company in bed at night and cuddle throughout the night (although I don’t mind without the clothes); someone whom I can sit on a couch with in the terrace while listening to Moon River and sip wines when the clock is hitting midnight.

I mean, who wouldn’t want to have a man of his/her dream? I bet there’s nothing wrong with it or with having the imagination. The problem is when we don’t make an effort to make our imagination come true. The problem is when we only keep what we want in our imagination. The problem is when we don’t realize that what we dream can be real if we strive for it. Happiness is not far, it’s not just an imagination away, rather, it’s how badly do you want to make it happen?

Happiness and success are something that we want, we dream and we imagine for. At least that’s how I see it. I’ve always been dreaming to be happy and successful and yet I am nowhere near that and the clock is ticking forward, not backwards. Now, the question is, what have I done so far to reach my happiness and success?

That I will share next time.

;)


No comments: