Saturday, May 02, 2009

All in One Day


Hey Champ... what's up?

I hope you're doing fine, safe and sound as always.

Yesterday (since it's already 12:42 in the morning already) was really an interesting day. Many things happened and I also made some accomplishment and I'm loving my activities that I had yesterday.

Woke up earlier than usual in the morning, I got ready and left to work. On my way to the office, I made a stop at a tax office in order to make NPWP (Nomor Penduduk Wajib Pajak, similar with Social Security Number in the USA). It took me only around fifteen minutes from parking Buddy until I sat back on Buddy. I only had to fill out a form which asked my personal information, wait for the officer to call my name and give me my NPWP card, which looks like a credit card. Yeay! Now I can go abroad without paying fiscal fee, and Sigh... now I have to file SPT (Surat Pajak Tahunan, annual tax report) once every year although I'm only a freelancer. Yep, you wanna get your rights, you gotta do your obligation.

Anyway, off I went to my office, where I mostly revised and revised and revised and revised and revised my questionnaire for my thesis research (since there were nothing much to do at the office other than waiting for Ms. P to come. We're almost done in preparing disbandment report and presentation). I coordinated through phone calls and emails with my thesis supervisor, who is a very kind, warm-hearted and a very supportive lecturer, about changes needs to be made. And, voila.. by the time I left the office, I was ready with my near-to-perfect questionnaire.

During the office hour, I asked for a leave-time for about 30 minutes to complete my passport renewal at an immigration office in Mampang (It took me only 15 minutes to go there riding Transjakarta). There, I met a friend of my colleague who helped the passport-renewal process to become easier and went straight to the photo/interview room. It took me only 15 minutes to finish everything and I didn't have to wait for long. How nice it was to have someone to help me dealing with governmental bureaucracy, especially at the immigration office (I was once performing the process by myself, and it was such a waste of time and energy and resources. It's better to pay someone for his service in taking care of our documents). And, voila, I can take my passport on Tuesday.

When I arrived back at the office, Ms. P decided to release us earlier. It was near 4 PM and I was so very happy that all I could think of was to make arrangement with people and friends in the evening: advancing a meeting that was supposed to be at 7 PM and went to watch WOLVERINE with some good friends of mine.

The meeting I had before watching Wolverine finally made some clearance on some thoughts and expectation which made me able to consider one of my option clearly. On the other hand, the movie was great. It was such a breath of fresh air among the lousy movies in Indonesian cinemas at the moment.

After the movie, I and my friends decided to hang out for a while; where I took the opportunity to ask them to fill out my questionnaires (I call it a market-test, LoL) in order to provide me feedback on things/instructions that confuse them, any ambiguous or questionable aspects, obstacles that tackle them in answering the questions and finding any tricks to make the questionnaire looks more appealing and friendly to the respondent. And voila, I got lots of constructive criticism to (again) make some revision before I finally distribute to 300 respondents. What an accomplishment, right Champ?

Afterward, we went our separate ways, some left to continue watching movies at another cinema, and some left for home. We waved goodbye and went our own ways. When I was already in the parking lot, I realized that my folder which contains my questionnaire and all the key points for revision was left at the restaurant... Off me back to the restaurant and took my belongings which the waiters had kept for me (thanks, guys).

On my way back, I met some other friends from previous work that I did on musical event. This coincidence meeting occured in the basement-level of the building. Then, when I was in the first-level floor, I met one of my colleague from my recently previous work at 5th WIEF. Having met those people, I catched up and updated with them any recent stories and work updates. To me, it was really refreshing and fun to be able to meet them, although it was only for few minutes; but it meant so much to me.

And finally I went home riding my Buddy, realizing that I made some accomplishment in my life for today: questionnaires, job offer clarity, traveling documents, meeting with good friends

No comments: